Flying Blue is the frequent flyer program of Air France airlines.
There are 4 levels of membership: Ivory, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
These membership levels are determined on the basis of Level Miles earned and the number of Qualifying Flights flown. Level Miles are earned by the flying with Air France, KLM or any other airline of the Skyteam. A qualifying flight is the one which is made with a SkyTeam airline.
Ivory level is attained at entry. This is the basic level.
Silver is attained when you earn 25000 Level Miles (in France and Monaco, this figure is 30000) or 15 qualifying flights in a calendar year.
Gold level is attained when you earn 40000 Level Miles (in France and Monaco, 60000) or 30 qualifying miles in a calendar year.
Platinum level is attained when the earning is 70000 Level Miles (90000 in France and Monaco) or 60 qualifying flights.
Earning Level Miles
Level Miles can be earned by way of flights, hotels, car rentals, shopping and using the services of more than 100 partners of Air France.
1. Flights: Flying Air France, KLM and other flight partners can earn you award miles.
2. Hotels: 13 hotels partners of Air France also help you earn miles.
3. Cars and taxis: Avis and Hertz are the two car partners of Air France which earn you miles.
4. Shopping: Buying products at tens of participating retailers also earns you miles. These also include shopping at Air France and KLM. Product categories include apparel, accessories, electronics, cosmetics, liquor, tobacco and others.
Spending Level Miles
You can spend the miles at flights, flight related options, hotels, cars and many other products and services. You can even donate your miles to charity.
1. Flights: There are three ways in which you can spend miles on flights. You can opt for the classic awards, promo awards or flex awards. All the three types are available for members of Flying Blue. The promo awards permit you to make a saving of 25-50% of Classic awards. Flex awards allow you to be more flexible in choosing travel dates, without paying any extra sum.
2. Flight related products: You can also spend miles on flight related products such as opting for a seat with extra leg space, la carte meals, shopping, economy comfort, access to lounge and extra baggage.
3. Hotels: You can also spend the miles at hotels. Air France has partnered with 8 hotel chains which allow you to spend these miles for stay.
4. Car rentals: Avis, Herz and Sixt are the car rental companies where you can spend miles.
5. Entertainment: You can also redeem your miles at select entertainment avenues such as related to culture, gourmet, leisure, wellness, magazines and by buying tickets to different places.
6. Shopping: Shopping is another area where miles can be used. It can be electronics, gifts, magazines and shopping at the online stores of Air france and KLM.
7. Local offers: Sometimes you also get a chance to redeem the miles at some local destination.
You can buy miles in units of 2000 @ Euro 53. There is yearly limit of buying 40000 miles for Ivory members but there is no such upper cap for other members.
You can also transfer miles in units of 1000 miles @ Euro 12 but only to a Flying Blue member. However, a maximum of 50000 miles can be transferred.
You can buy and gift away the miles to any person, even if that person is not a Flying Blue member. For gift purposes, miles shall be bought in units of 2000 @ Euro 53. Maximum of 40000 Miles can be gifted.
Copyright © 2017 by Baggage Allowance. All Rights Reserved